I cherish being part of the Greendale community. I want to continue the good work already happening to improve Greendale Schools. I would love to be part of the process ensuring the continued educational success of Greendale’s students. Education has always been important to my family and gave me strong educational values. All our children deserve the best education possible to optimize their success in their future careers. This is a goal that everyone can agree on!
My platform consists of:
· Continuing the high scholastic achievement of Greendale’s students, and advancing English, Math, and Science skills. I believe our schools should prepare students for any career path, college, trade, or job. A keen eye is needed to make sure we serve the needs of all students.
· Working to partner with local businesses to create more student apprenticeship opportunities for the High School students.
· Build open communication between the Board and the Community. Current times are tough, there are not enough hours in a day for parents, between attending sport events, family commitments, work, PTA meetings, school functions, or Village Meetings, School Board meetings are important to parents. When you have to make a trade off, these important meetings are missed to care for more immediate concerns. I would like to see the School Board meeting notes summarized, published, and distributed via multiple platforms within 72 hours of the completion of a meeting. School Board meetings aren't just for parents. Students, teachers, homeowners and community members are all impacted by decisions made by the School Board.
· The Greendale School District has made improvements by getting more technology in the schools. I want to make sure we are getting the technology the teachers need and can use. While virtual learning has shown many new opportunities for use of technology, we also need technology for in-person instruction.
· We are fortunate we have many highly skilled and experienced teachers in our District. We need to create an environment that is conducive to retaining and attracting dynamic teachers. This includes looking at wages, retirement benefits, and student loan forgiveness packages.
I am very experienced through my line of work at managing a budget and using my resources wisely. I would like the opportunity to share these skills with our community as a member of the Greendale School Board.
I have an open mind and a willingness to listen and understand. I listen and learn from the experts. Those experts are the students, the parents and the teachers.
I do not have all the answers and I will not try to convince you I do. I am dedicated to do my best to continue to build a strong, healthy, financially viable School District.
I believe all of these issues I have addressed are vital to the success of our students and the Greendale School District. I hope have your support in achieving these goals.